DCU is on Dublin’s north-side, close to the airport. There is ready access to the campus from the M1 and M50 motorways and by public transport. Delegates should make their way to the University's main reception as marked on the campus map. There are two entrances to the campus: use the Collins avenue entrance for easiest access to the main reception or the Ballymun road entrance if you are travelling by bus from the city centre. If you are using the Ballymun road entrance, please refer to the campus map for directions (see map here: http://tinyurl.com/pod8tvq).
Dublin Bus routes serving DCU
(See map here: http://tinyurl.com/nmbsuvb)
• Number 1 - Collins Avenue Ext to Sandymount (St. John's Church) via city centre
• Number 4 - Ballymun Road to Monkstown Avenue via city centre
• Number 9 - Ballymun Road to Limekiln Avenue, Walkinstown via city centre
• Number 11 - Ballymun Road to Sandyford Industrial Estate - via city centre
• Number 13 - Ballymun Road to Grange Castle Business Park, Clondalkin, via city centre
• Number 14 - Collins Avenue West to Dundrum Luas Station via city centre
• Number 16 - Swords Road (Collins Avenue Ext) to Ballinteer (Kingston) via city centre
• Number 17A - Kilbarrick to Blanchardstown Centre via Glasnevin Avenue
• Number 33 - Balbriggan to City Centre via Swords Road (Collins Avenue Ext)
• Numbers 41/41B/41C - Swords to City Centre via Swords Road (Collins Avenue Ext)
• Number 44 - Collins Avenue Ext (Larkhill) to Enniskerry via City Centre
• Number 104 - Clontarf Road (Conquer Hill) via Vernon Ave, Donnycarney, Kilmore Road,
• Beaumont Hospital, Shanowen Road, Shanard Road (Santry)
Maynooth Station to Drumcondra Station via Leixlip, Castleknock, Coolmine and Ashtown areas
From Drumcondra train station, you can take the following buses to DCU: 1, 11, 16, 33, 41, 41B, 41C and 44.
Proceed along the M1 until you come to the roundabout that intersects with the M50 (Junction 3). Proceed southbound along the M50 and take the Ballymun exit (Junction 4). Take a left and drive through Ballymun. Turn left at the Collins Avenue/Ballymun Road crossroads. DCU is located on Collins Avenue 500m on the right hand side.
Drive through the Westlink toll bridge and continue along the M50 until the Ballymun exit (Junction 4). Take the third exit and drive through Ballymun. Follow the directions for DCU as outlined above.
Follow the airport road which takes you through Drumcondra along the N1, towards the M1. Continue past the junction for Griffith Avenue until you reach the junction at Whitehall. At this crossroads turn left onto Collins Avenue. DCU is 500m on the left hand side.
From the airport
DCU is 5km from the Dublin airport. You can take a taxi or the number 16 or 41 buses. Journey times vary but should be under fifteen minutes.
Parking on campus
Parking is allowed in car parks only. Car park number 1 (multi storey) is most convenient for the Business School (see campus map pdf). Parking tickets can be provided on the day but advance notice should be emailed to email@example.com.
Where to stay
Two lists are provided below: one of hotels near the DCU campus and another of hotels in the city centre. Staying in the city centre will give you better options for socialising on Friday night and seeing the city if you plan to stay over the weekend, while the hotels near the DCU campus provide very easy access to the conference and to Dublin airport. There are plenty of other options besides these that can be found online.
Hotels near DCU and Dublin airport:
Dublin City centre
There are wide range of hotels in Dublin city centre, these are just a few :