BISA invites proposals for presentations at our annual conference and training event in Dublin, Republic of Ireland, Friday 16th and Saturday 17th May, 2014. BISA 2014 is hosted by Fiontar, Dublin City University.
What we’re looking for
1) Papers and presentations: At BISA events, papers and presentations are usually scheduled for the Friday whilst Saturday morning features a training session. Papers should be up to 30 minutes duration, including time for questions, and can be on any theme relevant to sound archives and archiving including:
• collection policy and practice
• selection, deselection and disposal
• access, publication, distribution and user services
• metadata, documentation and cataloguing
• preservation and digitisation
• copyright, ethical and ownership issues
• professional theory and practice
Naturally, we strongly encourage the use of audio and a/v in presentations. We have been known to accommodate live music performances as part of presentations as well!
The working language of BISA and its events is English. Whilst simultaneous translation costs are prohibitive for us, we would be happy discuss the inclusion of languages from BISA’s geographical region in presentations, always with the aim of ensuring all BISA members can benefit from all event content.
2) Training Sessions/Workshops – Do you have a proposal for a practical, collaborative and informative session? Is there anything you would like to see covered in this session? This will take place on the Saturday morning. Past examples have included audio cassette preservation; taxonomy for audio with practical exercises; developing a disposal policy; and open forum discussions on common challenge with members sharing experiences and responses.
How to submit
Please send an outline of your proposal and any questions to the Secretary, Jonathan Draper at email@example.com by Friday, 6th December 2013. If you have any questions about BISA, please contact the Secretary as above or the Convenor, Simon Rooks at firstname.lastname@example.org